Conservative estimates say that a politician spends about 5 crore Indian Rupees in an election campaign to become an MP (Member of Parliament in India, here’s why…..
The following statistics give us the answer:
Salary & Govt. Concession for a Member of Parliament (MP)Monthly Salary :
- Rs. 12,000 : Expenses for Constitution per month
- Rs 10,000 : Office expenditure per month
- Rs. 14,000 : Traveling concession (Rs. 8 per km)
- Rs. 48,000 ( eg. For a visit from Kerala to Delhi & return: 6000 km)
- Rs. 500/day : Daily DA/TA during parliament meets
- Charges for 1st class (A/C) in train:Free (For any number of times)(All over India )
- Charges for Business Class in flights : Free for 40 trips / year (With wife or P.A.)
- Rent for MP hostel at Delhi : Free
- Electricity costs at home : Free up to 50,000 units
- Local phone call charge : Free up to 1,70,000 calls.
- TOTAL expenses for an MP [having no qualification] per year : Rs. 32,00,000 [i.e . 2.66 lakhs/month]
- TOTAL expenses for 5 years :1,60,00,000 RsFor 534 MPs, the expenses for 5 years :8,54,40,00,000 (nearly 855 crores)
Now we know, why so many people yearn to be politicians and MP for it PAYS to be a Government SERVANT in India!!
(Note on Credits: Learnt about this through comments posted by Siddhartha Misra and Ramesh Menon on Harvijay Singh Bahia‘s post on Facebook, thus sharing, because such statistics are worth sharing with the whole world)