JAAGRUTI™’s Online First Aid/Treatment Consultation Service for Street Animals/mainly Street Dogs* : email us on email@example.com
*Kindly note that our On-Site Treatment service for Street Animals that used to physically operate in North West Delhi since July 2014 has been temporarily suspended beginning 1st October 2017 onwards due to inefficient staff related issues*
But not to worry, we will revamp and restart it…until then, let’s make the best use of communication technologies available to us.
We are always available to guide you through on oral and topical medication to cure your street dog in need if you share photos of the wound and describe it over email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Work Protocol for On-Site First Aid and Vaccination Service for Street Animals is/used to be as follows:
Primary area of Operation: North-West Delhi, India
If you stay in any other part of Delhi NCR and want to avail of this service, do let us know, we will try if its possible or let you know.
These services are available to best treat a street animal on his/her street itself.
We don’t run an ambulance or a shelter/hospital service for animals and thus request you, however, to read this page thoroughly, and only then send us an email on email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Below are described the various aspects of this service and our SOP (Standard Operating Procedure)* as on 10th July 2014. Please read the below text carefully before you REQUEST our Services.
- Why did we start this On-site First Aid & Treatment Service for Street Animals/Street Dogs?
- Because a horrifying number of Street dogs and other animals suffer (and tragically die) as a result of lack of prompt medical attention and resulting life-threatening aggravation of the most minor of wounds, injuries or infections. For example: a minor scratch, if treating with the right topical applications promptly and regularly over a few days, will prevent it from turning into a ‘rotting’ maggot wound.
- Because we think most minor injuries or infections are best treated on the street, i.e. the animal’s own territory or area, in which the animal is most at ease and comfortable.
- Because we think that sending an animal to a hospital for a minor injury or infection is not the RIGHT thing to do, as the lack of space in a hospital and the stress of too many animals in there only stresses the injured animal further and there is always a chance that the dog you have sent to the hospital for a minor injury or ailment will contract secondary infections at the hospital/shelter – which may result in complicating their condition further.
- What kind of cases will, WE at the JAAGRUTI™ On-site First Aid & Treatment Service WILL register and try to treat?
- We will provide on-site medical services for street dogs/street animals, being looked after by COLONY ANIMAL CARETAKER/COMPASSIONATE PEOPLE suffering from either of the following:
o Minor wounds
- including wound dressing and dressing/bandaging of fractured limbs
o Minor injuries
o Skin conditions
o Maggot wounds
o Fever/Cough/Limping Dogs
o Eye or Ear Infections like Pus in the Ear
o Or any other case that we have the expertise of treating efficiently
o Disclaimer: If any of the above mentioned ailment is serious and beyond the mere administration of first aid, we will politely say ‘Sorry’ and request you to take the Street Dog/animal to the nearest vet of your choice or an animal hospital.
- What kind of cases, WE at the JAAGRUTI™ On-site First Aid & Treatment Service WILL NOT register and treat?
- If the Street dog/animal is showing symptoms of Rabies, Distemper or Contagious Skin Infection (as determined by the First Aid team in consultation with vets on phone at the time of on-site visit) we will NOT treat them in any way.
- Street dog/animal with VG (Vaginal Granuloma) or TVT (Transmissible Venereal Tumour) requiring Administration of Chemotherapy Drugs like Vincristine. (Though, we have treated these cases successfully, the role of the caretaker is immense if such treatment is requested for on the street for atleast 2 weeks post administration of the Chemotherapy Drug. So, please connect with us to discuss such a case and we will take a call on whether or not to consider it on a case to case basis)
- Street Dog/animal with Tumours or Serious Road Accident hit cases/Paralysed Dogs, needing life saving surgeries for removal of tumour or limb amputation surgeries, as the case may be.
- Street dog/animal with Suspected Kidney/Liver Infection – we may/will do the initial emergency medication keeping in mind the dog’s physical condition/visible symptoms at the time of our team’s visit, but our Team would request you for Blood Tests/Kidney and/or Liver Function Tests to be done and the treatment protocol as listed by the Veterinarian of your choice to provide para-veterinary services to administer those drugs through Intramuscular or Intravenous routes, as the case may be.
- How to register a On-site First Aid & Treatment Service Request?
- JAAGRUTI’s On-site First Aid & Treatment Service, is not a nonfigurative or online service. It is something tangible and concrete that will require you to stay involved and see through the first aid treatment being administered to your reported animal. You need to be with the street dog/animal throughout our team’s presence at your reported site, and also help restrain/handle it while the medical treatment is being administered. Read Point No. 5 as well.
- You can request First Aid for a street dog/animal you care for by sending us an email on email@example.com. You can also fill the form below. If you prefer to e-mail us then do try to e-mail us photos and case history of the animal as well to help us plan the dog’s/animal’s treatment regimen better. No SMS or WhatsApp to generate an initial first-aid request will be accepted.
- We will try our best to serve you within 24 hours of your First Aid request being received, provided you agree to all our terms and conditions. Delays, if any, would be communicated to you. We are just starting out on this, so there may be a few initial hiccups or logistics issues that we may face. We promise to be as efficient and professional in delivering this First Aid Service for Street Dogs/animals
- While calling/e-mailing us/filling the First Aid Request form, please give complete details required – your name, mobile number and address is mandatory, your email ID is preferred
- What are the responsibilities of the CALLER requesting our team for On-site First Aid & Treatment Service for a street animal in need?
- The presence of the CALLER/COLONY ANIMAL CARETAKER reporting the street animal in need is MANDATORY throughout the duration of the First Aid being administered by our team on-site to the animal in need.
- It is also MANDATORY that the CALLER/COLONY ANIMAL CARETAKER helps restrain/handle the street animal while it is being administered first aid medicines. We are NOT a CATCHING SERVICE that will go out looking for Dogs/animals in your area that need the required first aid treatment, so call us only if you are confident that you can handle the animals while it is being administered injections/medicines as part of the First Aid Treatment for the reported ailment.
- What are the Charges for JAAGRUTI’s On-site First Aid & Treatment Service for Street Dogs/Animals?
This Service has two components: PAID yet CHARITABLE, and COMPLETELY CHARITABLE
- PAID yet CHARITABLE COMPONENT of JAAGRUTI’s First Aid Service for Street Animals
i. It will be a ‘Paid Service’ so that this effort can continue and remain self-sustainable. This means that the colony street dog caretaker/person who calls us on site is expected to pay a contribution as asked for towards our service and transportation costs. We will try to keep the costs reasonable.
ii. We will get a form filled up by you when our team visits you on-site for administering First Aid treatment to your reported case and the contributions made by the caller towards this service are eligible for Tax Exemption U/S 80G of the Indian Income Tax Act 1961. Donation Receipts and Tax Exemption Certificates will be couriered to you in a week’s time and you will also be e-mailed the tracking number of your courier packet by us.
- COMPLETELY CHARITABLE COMPONENT FOR DOGS BEING LOOKED AFTER BY ‘EWS’* OF SOCIETY
iii. From the contributions received as part of the First Aid Service and the funding that JAAGRUTI receives from its Trustees, JAAGRUTI will continue to conduct its Charitable First Aid/Vaccination Drives for Street Dogs being looked after by caretakers in ‘Economically Weaker Section (EWS)’ areas or those street dogs and animals in need identified by our team members.
JAAGRUTI’s STREET DOG & CAT VACCINATION SERVICE*
- Branded vaccines (Anti-Rabies Vaccines and 9-in-one), COLD CHAIN maintained and at reasonable rates will be administered to the street dogs you care for, on the street that they live.
- An Annual Colony Street Dog Vaccination Card (signed by a Registered Veterinary Practitioner) will be issued to the Colony Animal Caretaker who takes the initiative to get the street dogs in their area/looked after by them vaccinated – with all vaccine stickers- firmly pasted inside for each dog (identified by its Sex/Colour/Sterilization Status etc.). You can even paste a Photocopy of this Card on your Colony’s RWA Notice Board! It is high time; we give all our street dogs their rightful and respectful place on the streets/communities, which these animals co-inhabit with us.
- We have also started stocking and administering Cat/Feline Vaccinations now.