Our Activity Report from 1 April 2015 – 31 October 2015
includes 243 First Aid cases, 35 ABC/Street Dog Sterilization surgeries and 243 vaccinations.
Break up below:
* 35 – Dog Sterilization/Animal Birth Control Surgeries (25 Females + 10 Males) mainly of dogs being looked after by Press-waalahs/dhobis, Rikshaw Pullers, Tea sellers/chaiwaalas and Maali/Gardeners.
* 175 Anti Rabies Vaccinations and 68 Nine-in-one Vaccinations, were administered to Street dogs of which 80% were administered free of cost by us.
* 74 Street Animals treated for Maggot wound infestations (thousands tutored online on how to treat them)
* More than 20 Educational Workshops conducted by us on topics as diverse as Compassion towards Animals, Animal Laws of India, Street Animal First Aid and our Waste Paper Recycling Initiative
* 46 Skin Infection episodes
* 24 Wound and Injury cases
And the others comprise of treating predominantly Street Dogs with Ear and Eye Infections, Gastric Infections, Cough, Deworming, Deticking, Limping/Leg injuries and a single case of treating Vaginal Granuloma.
If you believe in the merit and efficacy of JAAGRUTI’S On-site First Aid Service for Street Dogs/Animals, please consider making a #Diwaligiftforanimals by clicking on https://jaagruti.org/contribute-to-jaagruti to help us sustain our work.
Thank you :)
Previous Activity Report for those of you who maybe interested:
From 1 May 2014 till 31 March 2015, we have attended to 620 On-site First Aid and Vaccination cases of Street Animals, which includes Street Dogs primarily and also donkeys, cats, cows, horse and a little goat kid!
* Each of the cases we attend to are documented with a treatment sheet and photographs/videos wherever and whenever possible.
We are very proud of our little team’s big effort.