-‘Jaagruti’ is NOT an Animal Hospital, Ambulance, Rescue or Shelter Service, however, WE CAN ALWAYS TRY TO GUIDE YOU TO A SOLUTION.
– Scroll down this page and you will see the numbers of the animal hospitals/rescue services that operate in Delhi and NCR
– We may not have answers to all your queries or problems, but we can always try to give you the information you so require. But, if still, you are stressed, confused, feeling helpless or hopeless on an animal issue, and want to help a bird or an animal in need, the best thing you can consider doing at that time is to mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
-We invite your queries, despite not having all the answers because, sometimes picking up the phone and talking to someone or penning down your queries/concern over the e-mail is the best way forward. It helps one put our thoughts and feelings in words, declutters our thought process and helps us think ahead more clearly. We may not have answers to all your queries or problems, but we can always try to give you the information you so require.
– We will only give information, that is legally correct and in the best interest of the mute, voiceless, animals.
ANIMAL HELPLINES IN THE CITY-DELHI & NCR
*Please note (update as on 3rd June, 2010 till present) : Regarding Circle of Animal Lovers, Neb Sarai, Saket-Delhi. This NGO been served a show cause notice by Animal Welfare Board of India and MCD in view of the string of complaints and inspection reports received against their functioning and ABC Work, so in the best interests of animals and their well-being, it is advised to all of you to refrain from using their services for either dog sterilization work or any other animal work till they come out clean.
***Also, please BEWARE of this private shelter/dog boarding run at Sector 25, Rohini and near Alipur Bypass Area/Deep Vihar-Rohini – by a lady whose initials are ‘AS’ (We can’t write her full name here for legal reasons), supported by a certain man (resident of Model Town) with initials MS who owns a private EECO with a crooked driver to pick up injured animals.
Collectively, all 3 of the people mentioned above have dislocated a 14 year old street dog, sent to their place by an ill – informed resident of our colony on 16th March 2016 and he was never returned back. This lady and her gang as we may term it are shameless when it comes to admitting their mistake or even sharing with us how exactly did they misplace this dog, which area did they loose him in and when, so that we can try to search him there, but NO, they didnt reveal a thing – and casually said, “it’s just a lesson for us”.
Is this animal welfare? think again!
Don’t trust any organisation or individual on this work, blindly. Most are just money minting set ups in the name of welfare.
A thing to remember:
– Delhi is a big city with lots of traffic problems so please maintain your calm. Most organisations are understaffed and have limited resources, be with the animal till the ambulance arrives, best option is that you try dropping the animal to the nearest shelter yourself. Follow up on the animals care and make sure that it gets released in the area where it was rescued from (for that is the animals home after all! and If your pockets and hearts allow, please try and make a donation to the hospital that treated the animal to cover the costs of the animals treatment.
– Whenever and Wherever possible, take the animal yourself to a local vet’s clinic or to the Hospital yourself, the NGOs have just one ambulance each mostly, and it may not always be available to attend to your call promptly. Make an effort to save a life, you won’t ever regret it.
Bird Rescue Helplines:
If you spot an injured bird-Kites, Eagle, Owl, Crow, Pigeon etc., preferably consider dropping the birds yourself at either of the following places:
For transporting birds, place them in a cardboard box, like a carton or a shoe box, make some holes in the box for ventilation..
- Wildlife Rescue (Chawri Bazaar, Old Delhi)-98100-29698, 98101-29698, 98106-39698 – contact preferably for injuries in birds like Kites, Hawks, Eagles and other non-veg eating birds with dehydration based injuries or cut wings (due to kite strings or maanjas) requiring stitches
- Jain Charity Bird Hospital, Delhi: Shri Digamber Jain Lal Mandir Ji, Opposite Red Fort, Chandni Chowk, Delhi – 110006. Contact Numbers: +91 9810016162, +91 9968855520
- Jain Charity Bird Hospital, Gurgaon: Near Govt Girls School, St Jain Mandir, Gurgaon, Gurgaon – 122001 : Phone: +91 9213922978, +91 9818564624, +91 9810387093, +91 9136148361, +91 9311217325 Landline: 0124-3201740
- Fauna Police (Sarojini Nagar, Delhi) – 9212-11111-6, 98683-55222
- Police 100; Fire: 101: Police and Fire Rescue Service also direct wildlife related calls to respective NGOs.
- Wildlife Rescue (For Kites/Eagles and other non-vegetarian birds; located at Old Delhi): 98100 29698
- Wildlife SOS (For all wildlife Located at Defence Colony in South Delhi): 98719 63535; 011- 2462 1939, 2464 4231
- Friendicoes (Under Defence Colony flyover, South Delhi): 24 hour Ambulance Service: 98733 02580; 011-011- 24320707 and 011- 24314787
- Friendicoes also runs, both, the Ghazipur Veterinary Hospital based Street Dog ABC Unit and Tilangpur Kotla based Street Dog ABC (Animal Birth Control) Unit, South West Delhi, near Najafgarh.
- Animal India Trust (Lajpat Nagar, South Delhi): Dr. Devi: 93138 84347, 98112 52592; 011-5566 9924
This is primarily a Street Dog ABC Unit and a Clinic. Animal India Trust also runs a Street dog ABC unit at Tughlaqabad Veterinary Hospital.
- Sanjay Gandhi Animal Care Centre (Raja Garden, West Delhi): 93122 11134, 011-2544 7751, 2544 8062
- Sonadi Charitable Trust (Najafgarh): Mrs. Sen (C.R Park): 011- 26275216, 92121 31218; 9212797693; Dr. Vijay (Clinic at Ramesh Nagar, West Delhi): 98100 54693; Dr. Inder (Vet at Dwarka): 98103 46793
- Jeevashram (Rajokri, Near Gurgaon): 011-2506 3696, 2506 4114, 2506 4118
- PAWS (Masoodpur, Vasant Kunj, South Delhi): Dr. R.T Sharma: 98100 36254; 011 2689 5737
- People for Animals -PFA Delhi Headquarters, Delhi: 011-2335 5883, 2335 7088, 2335 9241
For Cows and Bulls:
- Kamdhenu Mangal Parivaar (Free 24×7 Cow Ambulance Ambulance with doctor on board): 7503777888
- Choudhary Mohinder Singh Tokas (operates from Munirka): 98103 05197, 96502 22787, 98103 94051
- Love for Cows: 98184 34399
- Just be Friendly (JBF India: Kotla Mubarakpur, Delhi): Dr. Shashanka: 011-2469 1181, 98182 41962
NCR (Gurgaon, Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Noida)
- PFA Faridabad (Sector 55, Faridabad) :Mr. Ravi Dubey:9213961501, 9891816357
- Voice of Voiceless Society, Faridabad Website: https://www.facebook.com/voiceofvoicelesssociety, T: +91 9810268665
- PFA Gurgaon: 9811703501
- PFA Haryana: 98130 10595
- PFA Sadhrana, Gurgaon: Ph. 0124 – 2276502, 98188 38628; Dr. Pandey : 93122 89628
- Friendicoes Ambulance Service at Gurgaon: 9582337671, 9811324649
- SPCA Noida, Animal Hospital, Helpline: 9818085256
- PFA (People for Animals) Raj Nagar extn, near Nandi park, Ghaziabad, Ms. Sumeidha Iyer, Ph.:9910821629,9212548047
- PFA Ghaziabad: Mrs. Ashima Sunil Swaminathan (nee Ashima Sharma), Ph. 98109 23679, 0120- 4122100, 93120 68152
- POSH Foundation at Ghaziabad . Website: http://www.poshfoundation.in Tel: +91 9716558043,+91 9953440509
** Please point out errors and flaws in the contact details given above to help us update our records. Thanks.